Key questions addressed by the sources on this source sheet:
- Is this a time-bound mitzvah (שהזמן גרמא)? Are women required, exempt, or is it reshut?
- What if one sees a blossoming fruit tree for the first time but not in Nisan, such as in Adar, Iyar, or Tishrei in the southern hemisphere?
- What fruit trees are eligible for the bracha? What about situations like orlah, shemita, or grafted trees?
- How many trees must there be? Does their location (in the city, outside the city) matter?
- What if one didn’t see such a tree until it bore fruit?
- Can you say the bracha on Shabbat or Yom Tov?