Resources on this Site
- Where to Find Jewish Texts Online
- How to Access Jewish Manuscripts
- Building a Jewish Bookshelf
- Apps for Jewish Learning
- Online Tools for Jewish Learning
- Hebrew Transliteration
- Page Guide: Talmud
Blogs on Jewish Learning Topics
- Lehrhaus – Modern Orthodox thought.
- Seforim Blog – A long-running inquiry on all matters of Jewish learning
- The Book of Doctrines and Opinions – Author interviews in Jewish studies and Jewish culture more broadly.
- Talmud Blog – A group blog bridging the divide between academic Talmud and yeshiva study.
- Parshablog – Rabbi Josh Waxman’s blog on the parashah but also many other Torah topics.
- Kotzk Blog – Jewish learning inspired by the open perspective of the Kotzker rebbe.
- Ancient Jew Review – a group publication highlighting news in the academic study of Jewish antiquity.
- HaMapah – Mapping Jewish correspondence using literary data.
- Talmudology – Science in the Talmud.
- Balashon – Hebrew Language Detective
- Footprints Blog – The blog of Footprints: Jewish Books in Time and Place at Columbia University.
- Explorations – Torah topics by Rabbi Ari Kahn.
- YU Torah – A huge, wide-ranging library of shiurim that allows you to follow speakers and topics; the stand-alone app is excellent (Android/iOS).
- KMTT – The Gush podcast (Har Etzion).
- #YourTorah – An outstanding introduction to the 63 tractates of Mishnah all taught by women; each episode is 18 minutes long.
- Elmad – Pardes podcasts
- Jewish History Matters – An academic perspective on Jewish history, from ancient to postmodern, with an emphasis on modernity.
- Seforim Chatter Podcast – An Orthodox perspective on recent, well-known, and lesser-known sefarim.
- Jewish History Soundbites – An Orthodox perspective on selected topics in Jewish history.
- The Jewish History Podcast – Rabbi Yaakov Wolbe